Privacy and Cookies policy
This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit any DxO websites (“DxO Websites”), including but not limited to, or use any DxO products or applications, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information. Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use DxO Websites. By accessing or using our products or DxO Websites, you agree to this Policy.
This Policy may change from time to time. We therefore ask you to consult it on a regular basis. The last line of this Policy below indicates when the Policy was last updated. In the event of any amendment, an appropriate notice will be posted on https://dev-wp.dxo.com/company/privacy-and-cookies-policy/. The Policy changes will apply to the information collected from the date of posting of the revised policy to DxO Websites as well as to existing information held by DxO.
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On DxO Websites.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and DxO Websites.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from DxO Websites.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Policy.
It does not apply to information collected by any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on DxO Websites and for which DxO is not responsible.
- What information do we collect?
The information we collect on or through DxO Websites may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on DxO Websites. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. This includes name, address, IP address, phone numbers, email addresses. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with DxO Websites.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including name, address, phone numbers, e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes (including name, address, phone numbers, e-mail addresses).
- Details of transactions you carry out through DxO Websites and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through DxO Websites in order for DxO to proceed with your order.
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Websites and/or applications, and usage details.
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
- How we use your information?
We may use your personal information to:
- Present DxO Websites and its contents to you.
- Administer DxO Websites.
- Improve your browsing experience by personalizing DxO Websites.
- Enable your use of the services available on DxO Websites.
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- Proceed with your order.
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications.
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested.
- Send to you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user.
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to DxO Websites.
- Provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers stored on your browser, the hard drive of your computer, tablet or phone. Cookies contain information that can help identify your device when you visit DxO Websites.
We use the following cookies:
- Essential cookies: these cookies are required for the operation of DxO Websites. Essential cookies expire once you have closed DxO Websites and are not stored once your visit has ended, they are generally not considered to be invasive of your privacy. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to buy our products online.
- Performance cookies: these cookies allow us to analyze how users use DxO Websites and count the number of visitors. This helps us to improve the way DxO Websites works, for example, by ensuring that users can easily find what they are looking for. Expiring within [6 months].
- Functionality cookies: these cookies are used to recognize you when you return to DxO Websites. This enables us to personalize our content for you and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region). Expiring within [1 month].
- Targeting cookies: these cookies record your visit to DxO Websites, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We may use this information to make DxO Websites and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for the same purpose. Expiring within [6 months].
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of DxO Websites. For this reason, we do not recommend turning cookies off when using DxO Websites.
All other cookies will be managed by us in accordance with the scope of each cookie’s purpose and shall be manually removed by us if and when appropriate.
You can at any time by using the settings in your browser delete some or all cookies without any reference to us.
We may disclose information about you to any of our employees, officers, agents, vendors, resellers, suppliers or other industry partners (“Partners”) to enable them to provide you with DxO products or services. Your information will only be provided to Partners if they agree to use such information solely for the purposes of providing services and products to you and under the instruction of DxO and, with respect to that information, to act in a manner consistent with the relevant principles articulated in this Policy. However, DxO bears no responsibility for any use of such information by the Partners.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Except as provided in this Policy, we will not provide your information to third parties.
- Duration of data retention
DxO only keep your personal information on file for as long as we need it to provide you with service and product and to meet legal requirements. When we no longer need the information, it is destroyed.
- Product data
Information collected by us as set forth above does not include your company’s data entered in the course of operating our products (“Product Data“). We will not access your Product Data except in the following limited circumstances: (1) to provide you with technical support, solely at your request and with your permission; (2) on a limited-access basis to install updates, produce regular backups, or restore data from backups at your request. We will not provide your Product Data to any third party or permit any third party to access your Product Data, except by your permission or to comply with valid legal requirements.
- Email and Opt-Out
Occasionally, DxO may send you communications to provide you with information or promotions relating to products and services that may be of interest to you, including notification of important product issues and updates. You may opt out of receiving these communications as indicated below. Additionally, we may still send you relationship or transactional messages in order to notify you of important product issues and updates, such as for the renewal of existing subscription services, to resolve specific questions or requests made by you via phone, fax, email, or the Web and in response to any activity completed on any of DxO Websites, including but not limited to, registration, ordering, downloads, and requests for information. Each email we send will contain instructions on how to unsubscribe in the event that you do not wish to receive future promotional emails from DxO. Please allow 10 business days to be removed from the promotional email list.
- Compliance with Act n°78-17
DxO is compliant with the French data protection law (ACT N°78-17 Amended by the act of 6 august 2004 relating to the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data).
- International data transfers
Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this Policy.
All data collected in the European Economic Areas (EEA) may be transferred and processed on servers located in the United States. Information about you is protected using industry standard security measures. Your submission of information to us constitutes your consent to this transfer.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
- Security of your information
DxO will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your information.
DxO will store all the personal information you provide on our secure systems.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- Children under 13
DxO does not intentionally collect information from anyone under the age of 13. If DxO learns that we have collected the information of a child under 13 without first receiving verifiable parental consent we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
- Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any information we hold about you.
Business and/or user information can be updated, corrected or deleted at any time by contacting customer service at https://support.dxo.com and if DxO is not required to retain it by law. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/ vexatious or jeopardize the privacy of others.
If you have any questions about this Policy, the use of the cookies or our treatment of your personal data, please write to us by contacting our customer service at https://support.dxo.com or by using DxO Websites contact form.
Policy Effective Date:
The current Policy is effective 02/2015.